Happy Easter! Even thought it’s been a week or so since Easter I wasn’t able to get this post up so oh well. Anyway these brownies were amazing! They look a little messy but that’s what made them so fun to make and eat.
- 185g unsalted butter
- 185g best dark chocolate
- 85g plain flour
- 40g cocoa powder
- 3 large eggs
- 275g golden caster sugar
- 6 cadbury’s Creme Eggs
How to make;
- Preheat the oven to 160c and grease a 20cm square baking tin.
- Melt the butter and dark chocolate in the microwave or in a bowl over hot water.
- Crack 3 large eggs into a large bowl and add in the golden caster sugar. With an electric mixer on maximum speed, whisk the eggs and sugar until they look thick and creamy, like a milkshake! This can take 3-8 minutes. You’ll know its ready when the mixture becomes pale and very volumey. That isn’t a word. Oops
- Pour the cooled chocolate mixture over the eggy mousse, then gently fold together. (folding makes my arms hurt but it’s worth it)
- Hold a sieve over the bowl of eggy chocolate mixture and sift the cocoa and flour mixture and fold in the mixture.
- Pour into the baking tin and cook for 15 minutes then take it our of the oven and gently press the Cadbury’s Crème Egg halves into the mix spacing them apart evenly. Put back in the oven for another 5-10 minutes.
- Leave to cool before removing from the tin and cutting.
And now you have the most delicious amazing step up from normal brownies. Brownies are just great.
Thanks for reading,