Summer is drawing to a close and as sad at that is, it means Winter and Autumn are coming! This post is a send off to my beloved, go-to fruit smoothie. In a few weeks, I’ll only be drinking hot chocolates.
These are pretty easy to make (unless you don’t own a blender) – they take me no longer than 5 minutes to whip up. It’s the cleaning up afterwards that takes forever. I love these smoothies for breakfast or for refreshing myself on a hot day! They taste delicious.
I N G R E D I E N T S
- 2 table spoons of crushed flax seeds.
- 1/2 a cup of vanilla yoghurt
- Fruits of your choice – I used 1/2 of a mashed banana, some cherries, a few strawberries and a handful of blackcurrants (I threw in a few grapes but I doubt it made a difference)
M E T H O D
- If your flax seeds aren’t already crushed, place them into the blender first and blend until they break into a fine powder. If your seeds are already crushed, you just put everything in at once.
- Put all your fruits into the blender and plop your yoghurt on top. I hate the word plop but place and pour sound weird.
- Blend all the ingredients together until its as smooth as you’d like
- VOILA, now pour your delicious healthy smoothie into a cute cup and put pictures of it all over Instagram!
If it’s an especially hot day, I will add a little bit of ice in the blender and that will make my smoothie ‘chilled’. You can add any toppings you’d like to your smoothie or just leave it plain. I sometimes get a slice of lemon or orange and push it into the side of the cup (if you know what I mean, it’s hard to explain). This doesn’t change the taste at all but I just think it looks cool.
Let me know if you make one of these delicious smoothies and tag me over on your Instagram! I’d love to see your gram-worthy drinks.
Thank you for reading,