Apps you NEED to get!

Apps you NEED to get!

Sometimes our phones can become cluttered with tons of useless apps to the point where you spend two hours looking for “candy crush” in all of your 100s of pages. That WAS me before I got my new phone. I started thinking of which apps I needed to download on my phone and I found that I only have a couple I actually use and a few of my fave games. I’m not going to be sharing any “Social Media” because I’m pretty sure most people have those sorts of apps. But here it is, apps you need to get!

1. VSCO Cam

This is my go to app for editing. There’s just everything you need in one app! I use this app to lighten my pictures, add contrast and filters etc. It’s really good for creating different coloured tones throughout your pictures and maintaining a theme. I actually have a Youtube video up on some filter you can use for VSCO : 15 Instagram Themes

2. Facetune

This app I only really use for it’s “whiten” feature. It corrects any blue or yellow tones in your pictures and gives it a neutral pallet to work on. Some other good features on this app are the smooth tool, glow and B&W.

3. Phonto

I love this app! You can download fonts from online then use them on this app. I use this app to add text to images but I also use it as like a font bank. I’ll go on there and flick through to decide ooo I like this let’s use it for my banner etc. This way I don’t have to remember tons of fonts. It’s also great for calligraphy and lettering reference.

4. Vont

Vont is pretty much the video version of Phonto. You can use different animations on the text like slide, fade and the variety of different fonts is unlike any video editing phone app I’ve seen. The commons apps like Imovie could really do with an option for downloading and using different fonts.

5. UNUM

This app saved my life (and camera roll). Basically you can log into your Instagram account and it gives you a grid where you can plan out your Instagram theme. This also streams from any device when you log into that Instagram account using UNUM. It does have an in-app editing feature but I don’t tend to use it unless it’s to crop down an image.

Thanks for reading,

Marissa xo

Share:

16 Comments

1. Sophie
    January 14, 2018 / 10:34 am

I love VSCO I use that and Snapseed to edit my photos

• SimplyMarissa
      Author
      January 14, 2018 / 10:38 am

Snapseed oo! I’ve heard of it but never used it- I’ll have to check it out x

2. January 14, 2018 / 10:35 am

These are some great apps! I love Phonto and UNUM I will have to check the others out! I’m the same I hate having my phone cluttered up with too many apps, I like to have a little clear out of the ones I haven’t been using every so often

Ellie x

• SimplyMarissa
      Author
      January 14, 2018 / 10:37 am

I hate it being cluttered but I really hate putting apps in the little groups. It makes it so hard to find things 😫😂x

3. January 14, 2018 / 11:05 am

Some good ideas here. I tend to use the spotlight search on my phone when I can’t find an app. Couldn’t live without that. I love colour story and snapseed for editing my pics, plus InstaEditor which has a whitening tool too. Will definitely check out some you mention. Ps. My daughter is the same age as you! 😂

Samantha x

• SimplyMarissa
      Author
      January 14, 2018 / 11:20 am

Oh never thought of that! x

4. January 14, 2018 / 12:36 pm

What great apps, I love using Facetune and UNUM has saved my life too! The only one I’ve not heard of is Vont, will need to check that out! Clare xx | https://www.clayaa.com

• SimplyMarissa
      Author
      January 14, 2018 / 11:09 pm

Glad you enjoyed the post and yes Facetune is my holy grail x

5. January 14, 2018 / 3:15 pm

I’ll definitely have to get some of these, they sound fab!! I love VSCO and facetune too if there is any yellow in my photos xx

• SimplyMarissa
      Author
      January 14, 2018 / 11:11 pm

I don’t know what I’d do without the whitening tool on Facetune! If you do get any of these apps I’d say get UNUM. It takes so much stress out of instagram ✨

6. January 14, 2018 / 7:07 pm

Great post! I have every single one of these – they’re perfect for bloggers/instsgrammers! I couldn’t live without UNUM now! X

• SimplyMarissa
      Author
      January 14, 2018 / 11:14 pm

UNUM is a lifesaver 😫😂✨

7. January 14, 2018 / 10:40 pm

I have VSCO and I used to use it religiously, but I don’t use it as much anymore! UNUM sounds like a fab app and definitely one I need to look into downloading xo

Char | http://www.charslittleblog.co.uk

• SimplyMarissa
      Author
      January 14, 2018 / 11:15 pm

I do still love VSCO but I’m steaming away from using it because if I’m honest whitening it then just using some of the basic instagrsm features does the job! x

8. January 21, 2018 / 8:58 am

I love UNUM so much! I recently downloaded it and it’s so useful x

• SimplyMarissa
      Author
      January 21, 2018 / 9:00 am

It’s amazing! Still can’t get over the fact it’s free! x